Gashapon Repaints

I finished off these two guys recently, they are characters from an anime called "Kyo Kara Maoh". They were painted as a gift to a very special friend, and originally started life as keychains.



I removed the chain connector from their heads and filled in the holes with Greenstuff, which I then discovered was a bad idea as it was really hard to get a smooth finish (the figures were made of a PVC type flexible plastic). So I removed the Greenstuff and did it again with Milliput that worked much better!

The bases were laminate circles I had lying around, over which I sculpted some flagstone with Milliput. The ducks were litle accessories from Eureka Miniatures.

Overall I am very happy with the way these turned out, as it was not only something out of the ordinary, but also the first figures I had finished after taking almost a year off from painting.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love these! :) You did a great job!

Popular Posts