WIP Aetherworks Buildings (and a Covered Wagon)

I have to admit, this year I have not had much time or motivation to paint display or competition level miniatures. Instead, I have been doing a lot of work on gaming quality pieces, and in particular, a lot of terrain from Aetherworks (including helping Rob on the town display, and doing the demo buildings for the Warmachine demonstration table at CanCon). Anyway, here are a few work in progress buildings on my table at the moment.

The steak house is just a bit of fun. I got a custom steak house sign done up and my idea was that it would be ideal for zombie apocalypse or crazy theme-park horror games. It's not yet finished, I am debating whether to do a corrugated iron roof to "Australian" it up or continue painting the brown.



 Here is another building, this time a bank. I figured everyone wants to visit the bank, so it was essential there was enough parking (i.e. space to hitch your horse) out the front, hence the two hitching posts. The brick was really easy to paint. I just used burnt sienna craft paint straight onto the MDF without an undercoat, and when it dried, the etched lines all showed through nicely.


 I also have a third building in progress, but I am unsure what it will be at this stage (maybe Applejack's Riding School).
 And a covered wagon. Redwarf did the tissue paper cover, all I've done is cut a line down the back and then added some scoring to the wood with a metal skewer.

Ok that's it for now, maybe next post I'll have some of these painted...

Comments

Popular Posts