Dropzone Commander - PHR (Part 5 - Poseidon Heavy Dropship)

It's time to bring the Poseidon to the same level as the starter box. I started by dry-fitting to work out how to assemble just enough for painting, and decided I would put the wings on but not the engines.

Here I've glued on the wings, but there's some gaps that need to be filled.

The underside was ok - no gap filling needed here. I drilled the plugs and added magnets so I would be able to carry my walkers and tanks.

The large gaps were filled with brown stuff (because it is what I had handy) and then I used liquid greenstuff over the gaps.

This was then filed back carefully with a soft foam-backed file.

The Poseidon was undercoated white, and I used the same pre-shading technique as the rest of the army, airbrushing black along the panel lines and deep areas, then gradually working up layers of Menoth White Base.

The engines were done separately but using the exact same techniques.

Once I was happy with Menoth White Base, I moved on and worked up the more extreme areas with Menoth White Highlight.

Here's a close-up of the nearly finished body of the Poe

All the metal areas were painted with Vallejo Air Steel, and shaded with liberal amounts of Army Painter Dark Tone wash.

Here's a top view of the Poseidon on the flying base. It's a big ship!

Comments

Popular Posts